Sunday, September 25, 2005

Impact Under the Skin

Strike me down with one forever victorious blow,
The impact is more than you could ever imagine,
It blows away both my physical and my mental self,
With one swinging hit you destroy my life and soul.


More damage than is possible to repair in a lifetime,
The shattering impact it had on my life will remain,
I can never shift the forclosure than your acts have immited,
My physical self is left broken as my soul drifts away.

Not many people can see the problem unless they see inside,
Past my body and past my mind and into my soul of broken glass,
Shards of my soul litter my mind as i try to gather and rebuild,
The puzzle left in the mist of my heart is too damaged to repair.

One day soon i hope to find my puzzlemaster,
This one person will be able to solve my broken puzzle,
The pieces that are missing can be recreated,
I hope and pray that i will become whole... someday.

Copyright (c) Matthew Neville 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home